Colorado leftover tags

Does anyone know exactly when the list of leftover archery elk tags come out? I drew units 77/78 and my brother didn’t put in for a tag in time. Not sure if I should ask for a refund so we can hunt an otc together? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ucsdryder

WKR
The big question is whether they’re going to put turn back tags in for the Tuesday 9am deal or if they’ll wait and randomly release. If they put them in for Super Tuesday, the long lines and pissed off unsuccessful hunters will continue. I would imagine they’re going to wait and add them randomly.

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
Z
The big question is whether they’re going to put turn back tags in for the Tuesday 9am deal or if they’ll wait and randomly release. If they put them in for Super Tuesday, the long lines and pissed off unsuccessful hunters will continue. I would imagine they’re going to wait and add them randomly.
Super Tuesday? I’m not tracking but then again I’m still green

Ucsdryder

WKR
Z

Super Tuesday? I’m not tracking but then again I’m still green

1st Tuesday in August was the typical release day for all the leftover and turn back tags prior to this year and the leftover draw. Guys would wait in line for hours and the best tags would be gone in seconds. Then usually the system would crash and everyone who didn’t get the top tier tags would come on rokslide and bitch about the process. Cpw would get flooded with complaints and from what I’ve heard the reason the result was the leftover draw that they started this year.

The big question is whether they’ll still load the leftover list with those then back tags for the first Tuesday in August because if they do then people will be lined up and then they’ll be complaining when they don’t get their tag.

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
1st Tuesday in August was the typical release day for all the leftover and turn back tags prior to this year and the leftover draw. Guys would wait in line for hours and the best tags would be gone in seconds. Then usually the system would crash and everyone who didn’t get the top tier tags would come on rokslide and bitch about the process. Cpw would get flooded with complaints and from what I’ve heard the reason the result was the leftover draw that they started this year.

The big question is whether they’ll still load the leftover list with those then back tags for the first Tuesday in August because if they do then people will be lined up and then they’ll be complaining when they don’t get their tag.

Sounds like fun. I love nothing more than clicking refresh on my laptop and cussing at it.

Overdrive

WKR
Remember the CPW changed how the High PP tags go back on sale, their supposed to go to next in line from the original draw and then if turned down by the first 5 people contacted they hit the reissue list, which like you said will be done randomly. I don't hardly remember any quality tags on the leftover day last year, but did happen to see a couple later on that were turned in.

That seems like a good idea to offer to next in line. I assume the goal of the Secondary draw it to take a lot of load off of Leftover Day too yeah?

rob86jeep

WKR
I doubt the left over day madness will be any different due to the new secondary draw. CO always had the secondary draw, but it used to be limited to unsuccessful primary draw applicants (and called the leftover draw) where this year it was open to everyone. The only tags on the list were ones that nobody wanted/drew though, not returned tags. All the returned tags will still be available only on the leftover list (unless it was over 4 pp unit then it goes to the next in line people).

Also, all the returned tags will be available on leftover day (4 Aug) as long as they were returned before 3 Aug). If returned after 3 Aug, that's when they get put randomly on the leftover list.

All this is spelled out pretty good in the regs linked above though.