Colorado mule deer help.

Gabbeen

FNG
My name is Gavin and we are planning to hunt co this year. We have five points and want to focus on 3rd season rifle for mule deer. I’ve been looking at units for a long time and just when I think I have the unit figured out I get sidetracked by another interesting unit. There are just too many options in this candy store. Here are some of the units I’ve been looking at 70, 11, 52 and 26. Let me know if I’m missing one. I’m looking for a unit tip and nothing more. I like to dive into the research with buddies and plan strategies. What are we looking for? Monster deer, but I would trade that for a b&c experience with great friends and long time memories!

Thanks,
Gavin

I’ve been looking at 52/411/521, as well. From what I understand, public access is good, but the secondary roads are pretty brushed in and require UTV/ATV’s to get around to glassing points and trailheads. Looking for a representative buck, 24” 4x4, don’t need a monster. My 71 year old father would be accompanying me and staying at truck/machine behind glass.

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
Hunted 53 on purchased land owner tag couple of years back. There were tons of deer. Some very nice bucks as well but it was second season and tons of hunters.