Colorado Mule deer hunt unit 62

mickeyelk

FNG
I was so happy when I saw a C/C hit for $401 for a mule deer tag. Research the unit before applying and had enough points to get the tag. Then after I saw my receipt from CDOW I could hardly go to sleep, so angry at my self for a mistake I have never made in applying after 25 years out west. I got the tag I wanted but it is for Private land! Looks like I'll have to turn the tag back in or find private to hunt on. Reaching out now to anyone that has any info on ranches in Unit 62. I have the 3rd season deer tag and as long as the cost isn't astronomical I'll be hunting.

NICKJ

WKR
I think you can turn in the tag and get your points back. But you will eat the fee

OP
mickeyelk

mickeyelk

FNG
I know, I returned a tag last year for a hunt that I had overlapping hunts in different state and lost the money to keep my points. Pretty expansive gesture if I do it again this year. Anyone know of any ranches that offer self guided hunts?

WKR
I was in 61 on the other side of the road elk hunting a couple years back. Maybe 2019. We scouted and hunted elk for 5 days. I think I saw 5 does and 2 bucks the entire time. For me it was rather surprising. 1 of the bucks was decent but dang. Anyhow best of luck on it.