Colorado mule deer unit 18

Hello all, with a couple days left to apply, looking for any first hand Intel on colorado unit 18 cluster. It's going to be a second choice hunt, but wondering if anyone had hunted it in the last few years. I know there will be plenty of pressure, but I am an avid backpack hunter with a few good deer under my belt. Wondering how glassable and how high to hunt. Hoping for 3rd season. I know a large portion of unit 18 burnt a few years ago as well, any info as to the hunting in the burn. Thanks in advance and I am willing to trade wyoming information, I live in cody. Thanks

Deer number and buck to doe ratios are dropping fast. They are cutting tags to try and slow it but hasn’t helped. Way too many tags spread across all seasons. Tons of OTC elk hunters. Last year nothing was in the burn. It was like the moon. Need snow to bring them down. They are almost unhuntable in mid elevations.

I don’t know if this is to late .I don’t have enough posts to send a DM but you can text me at .some info not much took my niece on a reissue tag.

Last edited: