Colorado Mule deer unit 43 Third rifle

I applied for Unit 43 in Colorado for third rifle this year. It is going to be my first hunt in Colorado. Iv done as much research as I can on the internet and plan to drive out this summer and get acquainted with the unit. Just curious what the opinions are on the unit and what kind of hunt I need to be prepared for. how the herd is doing, crowd numbers, etc. any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
If you haven’t yet, I’d call the local biologist! He can answer most of your questions about the area, and sometimes they will let you know areas to look at. Last year the deer herd was below their objective number. If I remember correctly, there is a lot of high country in the unit, and the lower elevations have quite a bit of private. There are chunks of low elevation public, and during 3rd season, I feel like a lot of the deer hunters will be concentrating on those areas.

ElGuapo

Lil-Rokslider
I may be there as well. Let’s connect after the draw results come out. Will be my first time hunting the unit as well

Rough and tumble, ur either gonna have to work ur ass off for a good buck on public or get lucky catching one coming off some private property. Last year for 3rd rifle we seen a lot of bucks but they’re smart and don’t give you a lot of opportunity. Boots on the ground before the snow hits regardless is your best best cause google maps does not show how this country truly is. Get used to sitting behind binos or a spotting scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk