Colorado Muzzleloader

I am doing a Colorado mule deer hunt this fall. The hunt will take place around tree line elevation. What is a good muzzleloader To buy given the restrictions on powder and sights for the state of Colorado?

A few people I know bought a 45 cal CVA Accura V2 I believe it is. I shot one of them and while doing load devolopement with it I was touching bullets at 175 yards. That was with a scope of course. They are nitride which is nice. It shot so I well I picked one up when they were having a sale on them. If you can find one on sale it is a heck of a rifle for the money imo.

tdhanses

WKR
Knight ultralight CO version, BH209 and conical of your choice, hopefully you can find what you need as even ML supplies are short in supply.

406life

Lil-Rokslider
I'd echo whatever one you can find since they are also facing shortages. I'd also dig into which one you might be able use in other states, so check the restrictions on those you plan to hunt.

Rich M

WKR
I just bought a CVA optima and plan to shoot it to 200 yds or more.

No scopes in Colorado. You'll do better putting a peep sight on it. Should be able to shoot out to 150 yds w practice anyway.

I knew a guy who went and couldn't get in range of a couple bucks he found.

Good luck.

Summitdog

Lil-Rokslider
I have a CVA Paramount Pro Colorado. It is a .50 cal, which is required if you hunt for elk in CO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phaseolus

WKR
A few people I know bought a 45 cal CVA Accura V2 I believe it is. I shot one of them and while doing load devolopement with it I was touching bullets at 175 yards. That was with a scope of course. They are nitride which is nice. It shot so I well I picked one up when they were having a sale on them. If you can find one on sale it is a heck of a rifle for the money imo.
For Colorado it will have to be .50 caliber

I mean if you are using it for CO it has to be open sights so range isn't a huge issue. You can buy those muzzleloaders that shoot 300 yards but I can't keep that up with open sights personally. For that reason I will shoot a lot of side locks or I have a traditions pursuit that I like pretty well so far. I am taking it out for the first time this fall so I will see how it goes.