Colorado Nonresident 3pts muzzleloader unit

Bruce11

FNG
Quick question for you guys.
whats the general consensus about unit 31 for the muzzloader hunt?
My son has 3 points as do i, and after doing some of the preliminary research, i was thinking about applying. Im pretty sure the tag is for units 30,31,21,22.
I understand that it will not be 100% draw odds.
Ive been pretty fortunate to have been on multiple backcountry hunts over the years, but this will be my sons first out of state hunt and I really dont want it to turn into a backcountry camping trip.
The unit doesn’t seem to have the elevation or as much rugged terrain as we have been in, but i know there was a pretty decent sized fire out there last year.
Is the hunt worth trying for on 3 points?
Thanks for any replies

Just a heads up, asking for unit info as your first post on the forum isn't a good look and unlikely to yield any useful information.

Reactions: OMB
@Bruce11 - I was on the Colorado Fish & Game site earlier to see if, by chance, they had 2021 data available yet. They didn't. Once their data is available, I go through to develop my hunt application strategy; however, look back at the 2020 data, I found it to be encouraging for your situation.

OP
B

Bruce11

FNG
Thanks for the info.
I've done quite a bit of research on the Colorado DOW website and I also use the go hunt insider for most of my research so far. I also have been following you guys here on rokslide since 2018 and appreciate all the info I have gotten without asking for it.I have been looking at few other units that I have either hunted or know people that have hunted them. None of my contacts have had a muzzleloader tag in this unit. 2 of them have archery hunted it. I apologize for the fairly specific question, and I probably should have worded it differently.
But you guys have kinda brought up exactly what I was wondering..... is the muzzleloader hunt that much better than the early archery hunt due to the amount of preference points it takes? And why wouldn't it take more points to draw , say a first season rifle tag?