Colorado OTC Archery ELK units 85, 86, 681, 691

Big Rock

FNG
Hey all and thanks for the add! I know I will probably get roasted for this but figured it was worth a shot.
I live in Colorado Springs and I am new to the region from Florida! I am also very green to all things western hunting. I have done a ton of hunting out east with is a entirely different ball game.

Long story short I am getting an OTC Either Sex Elk tag and plan to hunt units 85, 86, 681 and 691 predominately but open to other units also. I have a friend from Florida coming up from September 19-27 to hunt with me. Otherwise I will be out every weekend in September! I am alone out here so I would love a hunting buddy that would like to tag along with me and teach me a thing or 2 if your willing! Also make me more comfortable being out there and staying safe.

I have done a TON of research in all things elk hunting and tried to do as much research on OnX Maps as I can. I will get boots on the ground next weekend and do in depth scouting and set up game cameras in the following weekends to get a better feel for the land and try to pattern them! I know 86 is real steep but I don't mind a challenge.

If anyone feels like giving any info on these units "places to avoid" or any hints I would greatly appreciate it! Obviously not looking for honey holes.

I am not looking for trophies but just to set eyes on elk and get a good chance to release an arrow to fill the freezer!!!

Pics of elk from these units greatly appreciated for motivation!!! Thank you all! Please refrain from the "do your own research" "dont look for handouts" and "Put boots on the ground" comments.

may as well throw 82 into the mix as well. those units all get pounded just like all otc units. I've poked around in those units briefly without scouting them first. so you will have an advantage by having boots on the ground ahead of time.

you have some stuff closer to home id be looking at too. Pikes Peak, Woodlands, Divide, Cripple Creek, Breckenridge. if i lived in Springs, id have my boots on all kinds of ground over there. 🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹🏹

swamphunter

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with unreal. Google is going to eat up your post. Glad I dont hunt these units.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk