Colorado OTC - Shooter?

cnelk

WKR
Colorado OTC public land high pressure unit (what otc unit isn’t lol)

Who’s shooting?

Who’s passing?

8CBCC82A-54C8-4A9B-BAB7-7141464DA22A.jpeg9761FE0F-BDE6-4E31-AFEF-11E010A1B791.jpeg

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Sure I'd take him......probably. But if he's still in full velvet like that in September there's probably something wrong with him, so I might not. I'm a situational shooter. Sometimes I pass on good bulls and sometimes I shoot smaller stuff. So who knows.

Poser

WKR
I’ve let similar types bulls walk. Not OTC but damn near 100% draw with 0 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyGuy

WKR
I’d take him day 1 in an OTC unit, unless I already had a good idea where a bigger bull was.

“What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit.“

Chief Seattle

One thing is for sure, no doubt the steaks will be money, and he’s not going to be too heavy. But, that bull standing next to a single 2 year old cow, cow is leaving with the arrow.

I have a few tags this year so something like that might hit the dirt in CO opening day if given the chance though my WY gen tag, pass.

What’s weird, most guys on public land wouldn’t shoot a fork horn, 3x3 WT first day….. elk changes everything . You’re looking at a forky WT.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I’ve learned over the years that tag soup really isn’t all that hard to swallow if it means letting a bull or buck reach maturity. With that being said, who knows maybe he falls off a cliff right after this and dies? Maybe he stumbles onto a pack of wolves? Maybe a lion jumps out of a tree and ends him young. When dealing with nature in its purest form, anything can happen.

Would be an excellent bull for a young hunter or somebody starting their hunting journey. For me he’s a pass. Great photo!

HOT ROD

WKR
OTC tag in Colorado I am shooting weather it 100 yds or 300. A gen tag in Wyoming early archery season I am trying to refrain myself but its hard because elk are for eating mule deer are for hunting and that young bull will eat good...