Colorado OTC Units

Phaseolus

WKR
Not to start a whole new thread since my question has to do with OTC tags.

Is there some magical algorithm CPW uses for tags? a coworker and myself put in for a second draw tag which we didn't draw. I just checked the OTC tag list and they have three left for the same tag we put in for!!! WTF is this BS so they collected my money and said thank you with out awarding a tag or is there something more to this?

Any chance calling CPW will net me the tag since they charged me and didn't award?
No conspiracy here. Those tags you see were awarded and either not paid for or were turned back in.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The part that makes me laugh is when you get around 9 miles in and think there is no way anyone else is back here. Then some backpacker comes running by in short shorts and chacos....

The point of this is the hunting community is not the only ones out there so if you stay away from those destination areas that the hikers favor then that helps too when you are getting deep into the wilderness!

Hnthrdr

WKR
I don’t think it’s that shady when they are 100% up front about it. I just need to find someone to let me borrow a kid.
Dude check out the ads CPW put out, no where does it state that preference goes to youth, just say put in for the draw… now if you read the fine print it says it. IMO it’s a shady move. It was funny watching all the resident daddies loving it the first year, but this year a bunch of Co dads are pissed cause it’s not just Co kiddies getting it but all kids, cats out of the bag. I think 2nd draw should be straight lotto and they need to just make more youth tags if they want to beef up youth opportunities

h2so4

WKR
The part that makes me laugh is when you get around 9 miles in and think there is no way anyone else is back here. Then some backpacker comes running by in short shorts and chacos....

The point of this is the hunting community is not the only ones out there so if you stay away from those destination areas that the hikers favor then that helps too when you are getting deep into the wilderness!
This is so true. I've been 8+ miles from a trail head on a 3 day loop hike with 10k feet of elevation gain / loss. These crazy ultra runners were training for a race and did the entire 27mile loop in a day. They had about 3 liters of water and a snickers bar. We saw different runners each day on the trail. it was wild.

• Haha
Reactions: XLR