Colorado outfitter for wilderness hunt

snvts82

FNG
Anyone have any recommendations for a solid outfitter for a backcountry wilderness hunt? I know there are a ton of threads on outfitters but few have mentioned wilderness hunts. My brother (the money behind the plan) wants to do a fully guided hunt next year. He’s non resident with only 1pp. He’s just now getting into western hunting and is seriously hooked. Looking at the stats and area I’ve narrowed it down to the sw gmu 751,75,77 possibly 71/711. Priorities for the hunt are a real backcountry experience, knowledgeable guides, and hopefully some downed animals. I’ve always grinded in mostly otc units and had decent success. A warmer weather muzzleloader or 1st rifle would be a nice change from the usual cold weather 3rd season. And of course I know weather can come anytime. My buddies and I hiked into the Weminuche 14ish miles a couple years ago for muleys and had a freaking awesome hunt. It was serious task getting the two bucks out though. I checked the Co outfitter assc page and came up with San Juan Outfitters, Western Sky, Over the Hill, highlands unlimited, fawn gulch, backcountry outfitters. Anyone have any experience with any of these guys with this type of hunt? Any help is much appreciated.

OP
snvts82

snvts82

FNG
Anyone have any recommendations for a solid outfitter for a backcountry wilderness hunt? I know there are a ton of threads on outfitters but few have mentioned wilderness hunts. My brother (the money behind the plan) wants to do a fully guided hunt next year. He’s non resident with only 1pp. He’s just now getting into western hunting and is seriously hooked. Looking at the stats and area I’ve narrowed it down to the sw gmu 751,75,77 possibly 71/711. Priorities for the hunt are a real backcountry experience, knowledgeable guides, and hopefully some downed animals. I’ve always grinded in mostly otc units and had decent success. A warmer weather muzzleloader or 1st rifle would be a nice change from the usual cold weather 3rd season. And of course I know weather can come anytime. My buddies and I hiked into the Weminuche 14ish miles a couple years ago for muleys and had a freaking awesome hunt. It was serious task getting the two bucks out though. I checked the Co outfitter assc page and came up with San Juan Outfitters, Western Sky, Over the Hill, highlands unlimited, fawn gulch, backcountry outfitters. Anyone have any experience with any of these guys with this type of hunt? Any help is much appreciated
Also, if anyone has info on any Wy or Mt outfitters with the same type of hunts that would be great. Thanks again.