Colorado Partners

Vandy321

WKR
I can do a 6 minute mile. However, you must answer one question and you must answer it correctly before I will commit.

Is a hot dog a sandwich?
That's like asking if peanut butter is a sandwich.

A hotdog is one ingredient, the same as peanut butter and jelly, or turkey, mustard, no different.

To answer your question, it depends, is your hotdog covered on both sides with bread? If so, you have yourself a sandwich, by definition.

Change my mind...

That's like asking if peanut butter is a sandwich.

A hotdog is one ingredient, the same as peanut butter and jelly, or turkey, mustard, no different.

To answer your question, it depends, is your hotdog covered on both sides with bread? Of so, you have yourself a sandwich, by definition.

Change my mind...

But a sandwich is technically 2 pieces of bread, while a hotdog is just a miniature loaf parted lengthwise; logically a sandwich is a partial hot dog.

Vandy321

WKR
But a sandwich is technically 2 pieces of bread, while a hotdog is just a miniature loaf parted lengthwise; logically a sandwich is a partial hot dog.
I disagree...show me where, by definition, a sandwich is "2 pieces of bread"?

Id like to enter the original subway sandwich as evidence...remember back in the 90s when they cut the wedge out of the top, then placed it back on top after the SANDWICH was built? 1 loaf of bread, not two seperate slices. Heck, even today, they fillet the bread open like a hotdog bun, it's not 2 pieces, yet it's still a sandwich.

I rest my case.

Id like to enter the original subway sandwich as evidence...remember back in the 90s when they cut the wedge oht of the top, then placed it back on top after the SANDWICH was built?

I rest my case.
iu

BDRam16

WKR
I think most Italian beef sandwiches disagree with this sentence lol.

PRC_GUY

WKR
Those mountains in the Midwest will wear your ass out, I just experienced last year. The outdoors and scenery is beautiful, but pack out is not my thing, I rather pay outfitters do all the dirty works. Good luck .

svivian

WKR

Id like to enter the original subway sandwich as evidence...remember back in the 90s when they cut the wedge out of the top, then placed it back on top after the SANDWICH was built? 1 loaf of bread, not two seperate slices. Heck, even today, they fillet the bread open like a hotdog bun, it's not 2 pieces, yet it's still a sandwich.

I rest my case.
sandwich
[ˈsanˌ(d)wiCH]

NOUN
  1. an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal.
    "a ham sandwich"
    synonyms:
    light meal · something to eat · supper · treat · refreshments · nibbles · canapés · tidbit(s) · namkeen
VERB
(be sandwiched between)
  1. insert or squeeze (someone or something) between two other people or things, typically in a restricted space or so as to be uncomfortable.
    "the girl was sandwiched between two burly men in the back of the car"
    synonyms:
    stuff · shove · force · ram · thrust · wedge · press · push · stick · squeeze · compress · confine · cram · pack · insert

Vandy321

WKR
sandwich
[ˈsanˌ(d)wiCH]

NOUN
  1. an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal.
    "a ham sandwich"
    synonyms:
    light meal · something to eat · supper · treat · refreshments · nibbles · canapés · tidbit(s) · namkeen
VERB
(be sandwiched between)
  1. insert or squeeze (someone or something) between two other people or things, typically in a restricted space or so as to be uncomfortable.
    synonyms:
    stuff · shove · force · ram · thrust · wedge · press · push · stick · squeeze · compress · confine · cram · pack · insert
Are you implying a subway sandwich is not a sandwich? Jared will be very disappointed in you.

I stopped accepting anything from Websters after they changed the definition of "vaccine" due to political pressure from the CDC.

Also, if Websters is your source, please not that they also define a hotdog as a sandwich...so, I'm right.

sndmn11

WKR
sandwich
[ˈsanˌ(d)wiCH]

NOUN
    "a ham sandwich"
    synonyms:
VERB
(be sandwiched between)
    synonyms:

Let's say I am eating a soft taco, corn tortilla because I have the Celiac's, and the fold breaks therefore making my once single tortilla a now two piece. Do I now call it a sammich and not a taco?

svivian

WKR
Did you just copy paste from the same Websters that changed the definition of "vaccine"?

Are you implying a subway sandwich is not a sandwich? Jared will be very disappointed in you.

This is true and im not going to tell you are wrong. Im in the camp that a hotdog is a taco in the sense that one layer of bread i wrapped around the meat in a U shape fashion. I think what I am getting at is that subway is not marketing their food correctly and that they are technically selling tacos.

svivian

WKR
Let's say I am eating a soft taco, corn tortilla because I have the Celiac's, and the fold breaks therefore making my once single tortilla a now two piece. Do I now call it a sammich and not a taco?
That sir is then a sandwich if it tears

To take this further.... it is a sandwich if you must hold the layers together where as a taco you could support it from the top without pressing it together.

sndmn11

WKR

I stopped accepting anything from Websters after they changed the definition of "vaccine" due to political pressure from the CDC.
Don't they cut a V out of the loaf to make a bottom trough and then put the V on top?