Colorado photography trip

oneisnone

FNG
A co-worker and I are headed to RMNP for 3 days in September, planning on photographing the elk herds, landscapes and whatever else we come across. I've never been up to that part of CO, so looking for any suggestions on areas/trails to visit for great photos. We will be driving and hiking, so access should be pretty broad. We had planned on getting a house near the park but are now considering camping in the park to save on commuting time, but all of the reservable spots are already booked, so it will be FC/FS spots if we decide to camp. Thanks for any suggestions, I'm all ears!

Johnson27

Lil-Rokslider
Get your park entrance reservations now if you haven't already. We waited too long and couldn't get in when we were there in June.

OP
O

oneisnone

FNG
Get your park entrance reservations now if you haven't already. We waited too long and couldn't get in when we were there in June.

I was looking this morning and it said that reservations were only available through Aug 31st at this time. Is there another site/system that will allow us to purchase passes for Sep 18-20 now that you're aware of?

Johnson27

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think there is another system. I was just trying to give you a heads up to get them as soon as your sure on the dates you 'll be there and they are available. We debated on which dates to go and by the time we decided we ended up not getting into the park.