Colorado Pronghorn

Nichols13

FNG
Planning for next years hunts and have been interested in possibly hunting west of Denver within some of the units between the mountains. Anyone have experience with some of these and would be willing to answer a few questions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What units? I don’t think I’ve ever seen goats up the 70 corridor nor 285. You’d be better off heading the opposite direction.

OP
N

Nichols13

FNG
There are some in the Fairplay area near 285 but it takes quite a few points I think. Along the 70 corridor you would have to go West, waaaaay West. Or yeah, East.

In particular, I was looking at the 37, 371, 28, and 181. There’s some BLM ground in there and easy tags to get, so I was wondering if they’d be worth chasing while up there for elk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
You might start off by looking at the Colo regs and draw odds?

The units you list actually take quite a few pref pts to draw. Some don't even offer tags to nonres. .I wouldn't exactly say there is an easy antelope tag to draw in Western Colo unless it is a private only tag or archery/muzzy. Most Western Colo rifle units take 10+ pref pts to draw as a resident and even more for nonres. (if they offer tags to nonres).

If you really want to go hunting you can do an OTC bow hunt. Eastern Colo where there is more private is easier to draw but unfortunately you may have a tough time finding a place to hunt...unless going guided.

If you want to go antelope hunting next year with 0 pref pts you may be limited to archery OTC? If you have 6+ pref pts or can find access on private land you have a few more options available.
Jim

Trial153

WKR
Hunted south of there, not west. The unit I hunted I wouldnt hunt unless I had private access which I did.