Colorado question

Hey guys! I drew my Gunnison basin mule deer tag for 2nd rifle this year. I am super excited and, this being my first Mule Deer hunt (I’ve hunted elk several times) I have been consumed in my research. I have poured through the data and read several books (I found Mr. Deening’s book a valuable resource). 2nd rifle is Oct. 30-Nov.7. From what I have read, relying on summer patterns is a no go since migration and pre rut/rut activity is going to throw everything off. Weather can also be a huge factor that time of year. I have multiple spots picked out and plan to start high unless I believe weather has pushed them to lower elevations. I also plan to use several tactics derived from the books I’ve read. Does this seem about right as a plan for this time of year?

Good luck in your research! Just remember that the 2nd season dates this year are essentially the same as the 3rd rifle season dates of most years in the recent past. So trip reports from previous 3rd season hunts will be a bit more relevant to you than old 2nd season info, and with the added benefit that the deer won't have been chased around the week before you get there.

wyoguy

Lil-Rokslider
I drew the tag to, not sure where I'm heading to exactly but will probably start higher and head low and see what the weather does. Got 9 days to figure it out so hopefully after a fe days i can turn some bucks up.