Colorado Quota's

DEER
• A recommended decrease of 1,800 rifle buck and either-sex licenses was exceeded by an increase of 2,900 rifle doe licenses.

• Buck license recommendations were reduced in many herds because we anticipate higher success rates with later rifle season dates from recent BGSS changes. Predicted higher harvest
success means fewer licenses will be necessary to achieve the same harvest.

• Buck license recommendations were increased in herds that are above HMP sex ratio objectives (examples include D-21 West Elks, D22 Taylor River, and D-25 Powderhorn).

I was looking over the info yesterday.
After reading this it seems like the bio's took into account the later season dates. But it also looks like the Gunnison has a big increase across the board. It will be interesting to see if they shift tags to 2nd season from 3rd and 4th.

My initial thoughts are the Gunnison is going to get hammered this year and will not be the same for a long time.

Question on license allocation. Take DAU 51. 0% increase in archery or muzzy licenses. But a 40% increase in antlered rifle licenses. Why such a big increase during rifle but zero increase during archery or muzzy?

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like an increase in tag numbers in most areas. Should have a nice strong deer herd in a few years with more tags and later seasons! CPW must really hate quality deer!

Chanimal

FNG
Looks like an increase in tag numbers in most areas. Should have a nice strong deer herd in a few years with more tags and later seasons! CPW must really hate quality deer!
Agreed, this is extremely disappointing.

street

WKR
Interesting- only a very small increase in Deer apps for 2021...

Big increase for Elk

I was worried I wouldn't burn my 17 points this year but after seeing that I think I will be going deer hunting.

D_Dubya

Lil-Rokslider
They might have added tags for his unit giving him better odds.

DAU 7 is going for a Doe slaughter fest. They suggest adding 1,305 antlerless licenses this year. From 70 tags to 1,375 tags. That is substantial.
What were the antlerless tag #’s like 5 -6 years ago I wonder?

OP
ColoradoV

ColoradoV

WKR
As I have said if they aren’t there you will not see them.. With the giant additions to tags in the NW and Colorado basin last year then a big jump in the Gunny basin this year - add in the dates and it is fair to say that it will change the landscape of mule deer in of Colorado for a long time.

On another note it sure seems the cpw is wanting to find cwd is the gunny basin but can’t so whatever kill em all anyway... Yep these allocation increase will have a effect on quality in that basin for a decade or more.

Probably going to have to look a little harder and wait a little longer for tags once they bring the wolves back to Colorado. Heard on a podcast a couple weeks ago that hunters are gonna be fronting the bill for reintroduction too. If you don't believe me you see for yourself below:/