Colorado Regs Question: Rifle Bear during Archery Elk

LanceM

FNG
If I draw a rifle bear tag valid during archery elk, and have both tags, can I have both weapons with me on the mountain? Probably wont pack a rifle and bow, but might carry a qualifying handgun with a bow. Might pack a rifle to camp.

Don't care about orange laws, etc. Only the weapons side.

Will call CO tomorrow to verify, but wanted to check here until then. Thanks all.

Following. I'll be in the same boat this September. Planning on using my bow if I see a bear but might put the rifle on the pack if the Elk don't want to play by the end of the week.
On the orange requirements. If the rifle is on the pack do I need to wear the vest/hat or where is that line drawn when I have to have the orange on?

You may absolutely carry a pistol while bowhunting.

If you are dressed for rifle hunting, I imagine you would not be questioned about having a rifle... unless it appears you are trying to take an animal other than bear.

If you have a rifle on your pack, you should be wearing the required amount of orange.

Call the warden or err to the cautious side if you want to be safe.

Did you get an answer about carrying both a rifle and bow simultaneously when holding both an archery elk tag and a rifle bear?

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk

Better yet, go pick up the OTC bear tag, shoot your elk, kill bear one with rifle tag, then kill a second with archery tag over the two gut piles.