Colorado secondary draw questions

11boo

WKR
I should rephrase….

Just think of all the qualifying licenses sold for the Secondary Draw that don’t have a chance

Thank you non residents for your support. There are a lot of tags there, I wonder how many were drawn out, then backed out. I should be able to get a rifle cow tag easy where I want to go.

@Mighty Mouse Yes sir, I thought the same until I started reading this thread.

@Coveyleader Can you elaborate on where you saw “youth” for the tag you were trying to get. TIA

Example................... Youth got all but two of the tags here. 32 given, 30 went to youth all the way down to 3rd and 4th choices ouch! It seems like archery has a bit bit odds but this is what you're dealing with as a non youth.
1655784477080.png

But no way I'm not trying. Long shot, but 10 bucks whatever, I spend that on a six pack, so I go without for a day.

Sgtusmc14

Lil-Rokslider
Do they draw on the 5th? I’ve never put in for secondary draw and the wording is odd. My GF put in for a cow.

cnelk

WKR
Example................... Youth got all but two of the tags here. 32 given, 30 went to youth all the way down to 3rd and 4th choices ouch! It seems like archery has a bit bit odds but this is what you're dealing with as a non youth.
View attachment 421760

But no way I'm not trying. Long shot, but 10 bucks whatever, I spend that on a six pack, so I go without for a day.

There's 44 tags in the Secondary Draw this year, your chances might be better!

Overdrive

WKR
I wonder if this will be a better year to put in the 2nd draw, may be fewer non residents putting in with soaring gas prices.

Jethro

WKR
I think the major factor in the number of tags on the 2nd list is the fact that with the new CO surrender period and the WY modify date, a guy could apply WY, NM, CO and not have to worry about drawing multiple states.

I surrendered my CO tag.

I think the major factor in the number of tags on the 2nd list is the fact that with the new CO surrender period and the WY modify date, a guy could apply WY, NM, CO and not have to worry about drawing multiple states.

I surrendered my CO tag.
My thoughts exactly. In previous years, there was no incentive to return tags early. Without the early surrender incentive, many of the tags we're seeing on the secondary draw list this year likely wouldn't have been returned until late July-early August and would've gone straight to the leftover list.

It’s very frustrating when you look at the secondary draw list and see both your first and second choice tags available on there. I drew neither in the primary draw. My first choice was a 5 pt tag for non-res. 18 out of 20 drew it at 5 pts. I was one of the two who didn’t. Now there’s 6 tags available in the secondary. My 2nd choice tag has 24 leftovers. Weird circumstances but I guess with Colorados new system of giving you a few days grace period and not having to pay if you drew a tag allowed a lot of people to turn tags back in.