Colorado Senate Bill 21-150

JLane330

Lil-Rokslider
yes this....all states limiting NR tags to % should do this. Simple business theory, supply & demand. Apply this theory to residents too.

increase the resident license & tag fees. Say 40% in lieu of NR dollars lost. Then residents can really start contributing for "their animals".
BTW: your state taxes paid don't contribute as much to wildlife as you might think!
So don't pull the "I pay state taxes bs"

Youth and adult resident fees too.

What are the costs involved that need to be covered via hunting and fishing licenses? You say that state taxes don't contribute as much to wildlife...that may be true, but there is more to it than habitat improvement. I don't know the numbers, hoping you have them considering the statement above.

Seems some of the costs are:
1. Habitat improvement
2. Law enforcement
3. Land access issues
4. IT and costs to run draw
5. Costs to run each states department of game and fish

Where do the funds come from to pay each of these, and all the other costs I'm not aware of? My ASSumption is that some of this is paid for by state residents via state taxes, sales taxes, etc. No doubt NR help pay for some as well, but what really is that percentage? I don't see the math working out to residents need to pay a relatively large increase in their fees...