Colorado Sept/Nov 2021 Hunting Buddy (Black Bear, Elk)

thejermo

FNG
Hey Everyone,

With just a week or so until the Colorado Big Game seasons kick off I am in need of a Hunting Buddy. Due to some planning issues I am solely left with a September Black Bear rifle tag near Glenwood Springs and a 4th Rifle Bull Elk tag near Steamboat.

If anyone is heading this way, I would love to join up. If you want to join on the Bear Tag, there are over 100 available OTC. I'll be out there regardless, but it would be a lot of fun to get a group going.

A bit about myself, I am 30 and currently living on the Front Range while spending my free time in the mountains. I served 5 years in the Marine Corps and have my degree from Colorado State. Due to some recent health issues I am physically ready for 5-8 mile days, but l am lacking the endurance to really push it.

Have a safe season, we'll see you in the mountains.

Which unit are you bear hunting in? I'm tentatively planning to hunt 41 (rifle), so a bit further west but the tag is good for the whole Grand Mesa and there are tons left.

OP
thejermo

thejermo

FNG
Which unit are you bear hunting in? I'm tentatively planning to hunt 41 (rifle), so a bit further west but the tag is good for the whole Grand Mesa and there are tons left.
I'll be focusing on 24, 25, and 33. The BE012O1R covers a huge area.