Colorado September draw

Tcole75

Lil-Rokslider
I've never hunted black bear but would like to try it. I've been researching Colorado's laws and want to know for the September rifle draw do I have to pick a specific unit or is it for any unit? That and I can't find any draw odds on these. I'm looking at unit 78, 80 and 81. I'm planning for putting in for the second draw.

OP
Tcole75

Tcole75

Lil-Rokslider
Well after doing my research I think I understand it more if I draw unit 78 I get to hunt 75,77,78,751,771. It doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of interest in bear hunting in Colorado thou.

Bsnyder

WKR
Co is handing out bear tags like candy right now for the fall but wont open a spring season. Me personally i have seen one bear in the woods while shed hunting in the spring other than that ive never seen one i have a friend that seems to kill one during muzzy elk about every 3-4 years. im just saving my points for a ranching for wildlife hunt. or i will pay to go Alaska or Canada for bears.

Northpark

WKR
Bears are tough to hunt here. Tend to be more of a target of opportunity. That being said find acorns and you find bears.

Northpark

WKR
Co is handing out bear tags like candy right now for the fall but wont open a spring season. Me personally i have seen one bear in the woods while shed hunting in the spring other than that ive never seen one i have a friend that seems to kill one during muzzy elk about every 3-4 years. im just saving my points for a ranching for wildlife hunt. or i will pay to go Alaska or Canada for bears.

Funny I just ran into a big sow with 3 cubs at 20 yards shed hunting last weekend. She wasn’t happy with me.

OP
Tcole75

Tcole75

Lil-Rokslider
To be a hundred percent honest. I want to go for a bear hunt in September but use this as my excuse to scout for elk I'm excluding that detail from my wife. After reading up on bear and how good there meat is I would really like to try one. For the cost of the tag it seems worth it

OP
Tcole75

Tcole75

Lil-Rokslider
Also if I go with a buddy do I have to apply for a party hunt or do we just both apply for the tag?