Colorado sheep and goat credit card hits?

WI Shedhead

Lil-Rokslider
At 3+12 for the big 3 I’m not gonna give them anymore pp cash for a miniscual improvement in odds. Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!

Iddogguy

FNG
I'm at 3+9 for sheep. In for an archery tag. I could be at 3+20, but between Desert & not buying points that's where I sit. Have drawn goat & sheep in Colorado. Never put in for goat again seriously after I drew. To me their seasons are to early. I think half the trophy to a goat is the hair. Good Luck to all. Mark

DonV

FNG
It's a long shot. I drew S44 archery years ago and grazed the belly of a 3/4 curl broomed ram after 17 days of hard hunting alone. It still haunts me. I drew G5 and learned to late the goats are tame. I did not really hunt because I learned that. Allowing CC apps and not fronting fees killed odds. I might stop applying soon.

It's a long shot. I drew S44 archery years ago and grazed the belly of a 3/4 curl broomed ram after 17 days of hard hunting alone. It still haunts me. I drew G5 and learned to late the goats are tame. I did not really hunt because I learned that. Allowing CC apps and not fronting fees killed odds. I might stop applying soon.
You didn’t hunt because you learned the goats were tame? If your outside of Chicago basin Man those are some Rugged mtns and some
Wild goats. I hunted down there (not in Chicago basin) and hunted goats that were extremely wild.

DonV

FNG
I was in Chicago Basin. I talked all summer with local policeman who drew. He said for me to find huntable goats outside CB was very difficult. I talked with about a dozen bowhunters during my research. I kept hearing the same story. I tagged out the first day. Backpacker forums have tons of pics of guys petting mnt goat in Chicago Basin. On my way to CO from my unit 27 archery elk hunt in AZ I got a call from the cop. He told me about his recent trip to CB. He watched a lady and husband, she had the tag. They walked into a group of goats, walked around, set up a camera, waited for goats to move to present a shot to the biggest and shot it. The goats hung around. I heard another story about some hunters who got packed in. The day before opening day they went up to each billy and measured them to find the biggest ones which they shot opening AM.

To kill a goat hike into CB, get up around 9am. Walk to within plain sight of the goats (who watch hikers/camps) pee in plain sight. The goats will run into your camp to lick the salt from your urine. The sign at the TH warns of this.

I hiked in, torn up. Overnight decided I could not do it and hiked on the next morning.

Do not take my word or it, look up hiker forums and check out pics from CB, always tons of guys with pics of goats 10 feet away.

I would give anything to have known this before the season opened.

I was in Chicago Basin. I talked all summer with local policeman who drew. He said for me to find huntable goats outside CB was very difficult. I talked with about a dozen bowhunters during my research. I kept hearing the same story. I tagged out the first day. Backpacker forums have tons of pics of guys petting mnt goat in Chicago Basin. On my way to CO from my unit 27 archery elk hunt in AZ I got a call from the cop. He told me about his recent trip to CB. He watched a lady and husband, she had the tag. They walked into a group of goats, walked around, set up a camera, waited for goats to move to present a shot to the biggest and shot it. The goats hung around. I heard another story about some hunters who got packed in. The day before opening day they went up to each billy and measured them to find the biggest ones which they shot opening AM.

To kill a goat hike into CB, get up around 9am. Walk to within plain sight of the goats (who watch hikers/camps) pee in plain sight. The goats will run into your camp to lick the salt from your urine. The sign at the TH warns of this.

I hiked in, torn up. Overnight decided I could not do it and hiked on the next morning.

Do not take my word or it, look up hiker forums and check out pics from CB, always tons of guys with pics of goats 10 feet away.

So you didn't hunt because you went to the Zoo in G5? Giant wild goats in that unit outside the Zoo. You wasted a great tag!

Ratbeetle

WKR
Good luck everyone.

First time in 7 years not applying. NR now and won't have time if I draw this year. Sitting on 3+2 for goat. Will likely not buy any additional points and just play those odds going forward.

Weird. I hunted G5. I avoided CB lots and lots of remote country away from that basin that hold goats. The big billies don’t even hang in CB. That’s the nanny kid groups that are used to backpackers.