Colorado Sheep/Goat

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats to the successful applicants! I struck out on Mtn Goats and Sheep again.

Buying preference points for goat/sheep improves odds but the returns diminish the more you get. Getting the first several help your chances markedly. I'm sitting with 23 points - changing my denominator from 23 to 24 doesn't do near as much from a % standpoint. I still do just because I really want a damn sheep tag - plus it goes to a decent cause. That's my story and I'm sticking to it for at least one more year!

CoHiCntry

WKR
Buying preference points for goat/sheep improves odds but the returns diminish the more you get. Getting the first several help your chances markedly. I'm sitting with 23 points - changing my denominator from 23 to 24 doesn't do near as much from a % standpoint. I still do just because I really want a damn sheep tag - plus it goes to a decent cause. That's my story and I'm sticking to it for at least one more year!

I’m in pretty much the same boat. I keep buying them because I’m afraid if I stop they will decide to go to a straight preference point system or something & I’ll be way behind where I could have been!

And it’s a “good cause”... that too is my story 😬

Last edited:

Rhatter

FNG
Thanks! Just a ewe tag but I'm still thrilled. Had this same tag a couple years ago and had a great time. Struck out but learned the unit really well, so I already have a solid game plan for this year.
What unit?