Colorado State Trust Land Question

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at the regs they close 1/2 hour after sunset. Anybody run into issues with this? Makes hunting a mile or two from the truck seem pointless if you got to be at the truck by end of legal light. I sent an email in the generic CPW ask us a question and got a generic "yep that looks like what the rules say, better do that" Worse yet, what happens if you stick something right before you gotta head to the truck and its a warm night?

rayporter

WKR
it is a non issue. hunt till dark and hike back in the dark.

if you do shoot one you have to salvage the meat no matter the time.

Clarkdale17

Lil-Rokslider
Just make sure the trust land is huntable before you do so and hunt until dark. The vast majority of state trust land is not huntable

OP
N

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. I figured it was a non-issue and more to keep people from screwing around at night.

OP
N

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
As stated, make sure it is open for hunting. Some state lands have hunting rights leased and no hunting is allowed.
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming that would be reflected in the State Rec Lands guide? Everything I've seen its good to go.

bnsafe

WKR
we parked at one and hiked back and stayed a few days. talked to the local game warden first and he said he did not care if we parked there. did it 2 years in a row without any issues. I was worried the truck was left by a hwy but no issues