Colorado Success! First Archery Elk

OP
HockeyDad

HockeyDad

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Paul. After the first shot I tried to quickly give a calming cow call on my Mello Yellow - In the excitement I think it came out sounding more like a combination of a cat getting its tail stepped on crossed with fingers across the chalkboard. The second attempt came out much better. Not many ways to practice the calling under high pressure/excitement situations.

a3dhunter

WKR
Thanks Paul. After the first shot I tried to quickly give a calming cow call on my Mello Yellow - In the excitement I think it came out sounding more like a combination of a cat getting its tail stepped on crossed with fingers across the chalkboard. The second attempt came out much better. Not many ways to practice the calling under high pressure/excitement situations.

I did the same thing with the same call, lol.
The more I look at this bull the better he looks, that bull is huge!
Congrats on a true trophy bull!!!

OP
HockeyDad

HockeyDad

Lil-Rokslider
a3d, Any elk is a trophy with archery gear. Add to it Solo, OTC Unit, and Public land - well I'm all smiles. Yours is a great bull too, and was Solo - OTC - Public.

Best thing about it is the memories and the satisfaction of knowing you did it (and everything you did to prepare for it).

a3dhunter

WKR
a3d, Any elk is a trophy with archery gear. Add to it Solo, OTC Unit, and Public land - well I'm all smiles. Yours is a great bull too, and was Solo - OTC - Public.

Best thing about it is the memories and the satisfaction of knowing you did it (and everything you did to prepare for it).

I agree completely.
My wife was extremely happy with my success, and the fact that it did not require a taxidermy bill helped out as well! ;)