Colorado Success!

Ranchdoc

FNG
I normally only hunt one tag every year but I was able to get a Colorado tag one week before season! Spent 4 days exploring and quickly realized the genetics were tough. So many 2 and 3 point bucks! I’m talking very mature deer as 2 and three points! I hunted my butt off and hunting in the rut was completely new to me. It was tough! Finally day 4 I cut this deers tracks and followed him for about a mile until I found him in his bed, 22 yards away. I sized him up and made the shot! He ended up way bigger than I thought. I figured he was 170. After I put my hands on him I quickly realized he was a very special buck. Hope you all enjoy the photos and the story. Take care!
Very nice!

OP
ThinkLeicaBuck

ThinkLeicaBuck

Lil-Rokslider
Come on me and my son are jonesing how big 182 “ ?
Haha man your close! He went 186.50! The pictures don’t really do him justice. He ended up with 19 inch G2’s and 25 inch main beams. I was shocked when I taped him. I thought he was a low 170 buck. He also ended just under 28 inches! I thought he was 25!!!

I normally only hunt one tag every year but I was able to get a Colorado tag one week before season! Spent 4 days exploring and quickly realized the genetics were tough. So many 2 and 3 point bucks! I’m talking very mature deer as 2 and three points! I hunted my butt off and hunting in the rut was completely new to me. It was tough! Finally day 4 I cut this deers tracks and followed him for about a mile until I found him in his bed, 22 yards away. I sized him up and made the shot! He ended up way bigger than I thought. I figured he was 170. After I put my hands on him I quickly realized he was a very special buck. Hope you all enjoy the photos and the story. Take care!
Wow! Super deer!

OP
ThinkLeicaBuck

ThinkLeicaBuck

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome buck! I need to buckle down and start applying in Colorado. I don’t venture outside of my state too often.
I hear you on that! My general rule is hunt within 2 hours of home so I can scout my butt off!

OP
ThinkLeicaBuck

ThinkLeicaBuck

Lil-Rokslider
Cutting tracks and ending up with a dandy is not easy! Congrats
Tracking a buck rarely ends up with it being a shooter! I’ve tracked a lot of deer and I love doing it butt for me it’s only worked out twice! Never with a bow but twice with a rifle!