Colorado Tag Quotas for 2020

fabes22

FNG
Does anyone know how to get the tag quota for the upcoming 2020 season? For instance, I want to know how many archery tags they are awarding in specific units in the upcoming limited draw. I know those quotas can change from year to year and it alters your draw percentages. I called the DPW and was told those numbers don't come out until after the draw but I don't think they understood what I was asking. Thanks.

Chad

Like others have said, they wont decide until May. Best to get an idea by looking at the previous draw result statistics. See how many tags were awarded for your unit and see if they have changed from year to year.

chindits

WKR
I know a unit they dropped 200 archery elk tags from last year. No mention of that in the CPW predraw meetings. It caught a lot of locals by surprise. Nature of the beast. Things are changing around here.

But technically you don’t want them setting tag quotas until the last risk of winter kill is over, especially for deer. Hard for flat landers to comprehend how late winter can run in some parts of CO and how the effects of a hard winter can haunt a deer herds recovery. I’m not saying that’s the case this year but that’s my understanding of their logic.