Colorado turkey

Turkeyslayer7

Lil-Rokslider
Guys I have had a trip planned for me and my wife to the grand Mesa to do some hunting and fishing but just found out that there is still a pile of snow up there. Not looking for anyone’s honey hole but rather just an area that’s not full of snow and has some birds. Realize there may not be an area like the Mesa that’s available but I’m looking for something with some nice creeks and pretty terrain to hunt in. Any help would be greatly appreciated we are leaving tonight to head that way. PM’s are welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take you are planning for this weekend? See my post from earlier here https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thr...ackcountry-over-memorial-day-snowpack.128693/

Many good areas over here that hold birds. Right now it is raining here in western CO. Looking at the snow level on the side of the Mesa is pretty low and snowing. In the lower areas here the roads will have plenty of good mud, slick snot. Some places maybe not. The creeks are flowing and muddy they will raise quickly. Had to cross a creek in my jeep for bird one year, deep so I flagged the level it came up a couple inches on the way out. Two days latter impossible to cross, but someone thought different and had to get towed out.

Phaseolus

WKR
The Uncompahgre Plateau might be your best bet. It’s been wet and snowy this week...

OP
T

Turkeyslayer7

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah supposed to be leaving tonight headed that way

OP
T

Turkeyslayer7

Lil-Rokslider
Well as bad as I wanted to go though to scout my elk area , hunt for turkeys and fish it looks like it’s not gonna happen in Colorado. I’ve called nearly every ranger station trying to get info. So guess I’m gonna head to Nebraska