Colorado

OP
A

ahatclif

FNG
Thanks everyone for reviving this thread. I stopped looking at it months ago.

I sounds like these units are going to be a tough-go but I think we are heading in there either way. If you see someone breathing heavily with too much stuff in his pack, it might be me.

Its crowded but we got on a ton of elk there last year. That beatle kill will make a man out of you.

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Its crowded but we got on a ton of elk there last year. That beatle kill will make a man out of you.

The other two guys in my group are going out there is weekend to scout. Pretty much what I've heard is its crowded but that kind of sounds like every unit in colorado

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cnelk is right but there is some more lively areas near the creeks.
3582c4c33ef13d07e1cc2443577c4e6a.jpg
. Footing is misleading in the lush areas, at least in the deadfall you can see where you are stepping.
Water is plenty and clean
9589cc1cc6c9becff7f9404b08b73951.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SonnyDay

WKR
My son and I were out there for 2nd Rifle Elk 2018, and yes, it was crowded. There was a bull moose splashing around nearby, but no one seemed to have a tag for it. Pretty much pumpkin patch up every valley.

Phaseolus

WKR
I killed my first archery elk a few hundred yards above the runaway truck ramp on the west side of Rabbit Ears Pass many years ago. There are still elk to be had there if you are willing to hike.

Chiro22

Lil-Rokslider
I killed my first archery elk a few hundred yards above the runaway truck ramp on the west side of Rabbit Ears Pass many years ago. There are still elk to be had there if you are willing to hike.

Looking at heading out that way for first rifle. I have an either sex tag and deciding between Rabbit ears or farther north around trappers gulch.

@Shadysailor again totally off topic, I’m new to rokslide and don’t know how to PM you, or I can’t ? I will buy the Exo mountain 5500 pack if you still have it. I’m extremely interested. This is the only way I can reach out to you. Please let me know if it’s still available!
LOL! Yep, looks just like that! So bad, my dad was telling me to leave him on the mountain to die :).

Killed my first bull in 161. I was in to elk about every other day. Big herds that ram towards private early but we killed 5 in 8 days.