Colorado unit 161 3rd rifle

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
Is anyone willing to share some info with me via pm about this hunt ? Thanks in advance!

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
Is anyone willing to share some info with me via pm about this hunt ? Thanks in advance!
Just a little info
In October 2019, I went all the way west, in the very NW corner of 161, 2nd season. You have to drive into WY and then back into colorado where we went, Hog Park. Looked absolutely awesome, NOBODY there. Day 3 got 3 feet of snow in 24 hours. Had to be out on Friday, so we left. Almost didn't get out, pretty hairy driving.

Saw singular tracks on the way out, probably bulls, but with a frozen tent and now inaccessible supplies in the back of the truck, wasn't worth the risk.

Talked to one other guy who USED to hunt Hog Park a lot, but quit cause of constant unpredictable heavy snowfall.

I have another friend that hunts some private up there, but no where near as far west as I was. I think he probably hunts the west side of independence mtn. There were a lot of camps there, lots of guys too

The topo map shows my spot as mostly in the middle of the Sierra Madre range of Wyoming. Knowing Wyoming weather, I guess that's why that happens.

Looked SO awesome but be very prepared for snow at any time.

My 2 cents

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk