Colorado unit 28 archery

Tony2000

FNG
Just a couple of quick questions about unit 28 in Colorado I was wondering about terrain, feed in the high country, and hunting pressure in early September would be willing to trade Montana info for any tips PM if your interested. Thanks in advance

Clarkdale17

Lil-Rokslider
Terrain can be pretty rugged in spots and fairly easy in other spots. Depends on where you are looking. Mule deer don't seem to have an issue finding food in the high country from what I've observed in the last few years.

Expect to see quite a bit of pressure from both hunters and hikers alike. It's within a hour or two of Denver so it's gonna be a shit show especially on weekends. Watched a group of hikers about die climbing down a cliff face then proceed to trek through the drainage last year

OP
Tony2000

Tony2000

FNG
So are the people mostly on the weekends or all the time and are the deadfall's only in the burns in the lower country or every where even the high country

OP
Tony2000

Tony2000

FNG
😕 that kinda unusual around here if there's a lot of deadfall's most people don't hike through them So it sounds like if I can find a way to avoid people 🤔😂 I should be able to find some deer Thanks for the info and if you want info on Montana let me know and I'll try to help

ColoradoV

WKR
If ya think about it - there will not be deadfall where the deer are.. Or you should be above the deadfall most likely when hunting deer.

Plenty feed in of high country in there to hold pockets of deer and just like most units in Co some great bucks have been killed in there. Get out, get up high, and good luck 👍.