Colorado unit 371

m1garand

FNG
Hello, new to the board but have been lurking for several weeks, I like it! Just got back from second season rifle hunt in unit 371. It was a bust! Have tried this unit for about 3 seasons now and have at least spotted Elk, Moose, Dear, and even grouse. This season: nothing, nodda, zip, kaput....

Even the other hunters (Rock Creek area) said the same thing. Not even any sign of poop or foot prints in week old snow. Strange, almost like a plague struck this area and wild life will not enter. I ventured as high as 10500 on both sides of the basin (North and South) Same thing.

I have always seen a large population of mule dear in this location so I was pretty stocked that at least I had a buck tag on my person as well as a cow tag. I don't know but I am already scouting some different units as I type this.

Any one know about GMU 500 Kenosha pass?

cutup75

FNG
I'll be in that unit next week, with a friend for cows. We scouted 2 different areas on the southern part of this unit in the fall. We saw tons of tracks/poop and a spike bull. I've talked with a few hunters from earlier seasons and they fill their tags 2bulls and 2 cows. I know the lack of snow hasn't pushed them alot. We are hoping the southern part of this unit won't have alot of hunters cause of the lack of roads. We plan on hiking 5-8miles the first few days. We'll see! Hoping for the best!

OP
M

m1garand

FNG
Good Luck, I spoke with other hunters in the area and they said the unit was great for archery and Muzzle loader. But second season sucked, maybe 1st season was good as well. You should at least have colder weather and snow at this time!

JLeMieux

Lil-Rokslider
Lol I didn't know asking if anyone had success in a unit means I'm looking for their honey holes. 2,600 posts tells me you probably don't have a real job and have nothing better to do but slither around these forums giving your unsolicited advice. Thanks for the nice welcome!

Wow....

GregB

WKR
Lol I didn't know asking if anyone had success in a unit means I'm looking for their honey holes. 2,600 posts tells me you probably don't have a real job and have nothing better to do but slither around these forums giving your unsolicited advice. Thanks for the nice welcome!
You’re about the 1000th person to hop on the forum and ask about specific units on their first post having contributed nothing. It’s getting pretty old.

Last edited: