Colorado unit 41

I’m going to Colorado for a second rifle otc elk hunt. This will be my groups first backpack hunt. I’m looking for someone that might have info on unit 41. I’ve been E scouting this unit for the last few months and have some spots picked out. I’d like to get some feedback on the unit overall and see how the fires near grand junction has effected the area. Not looking for someone’s personal hunting spots just want to see if I’m on the right track.
Thanks
Donald

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
gohunt.com has some info on unit x

Last edited:

Phaseolus

WKR
The fires have not impacted 41, I live in it. There are very few areas for a true backpack hunt since there are roads and trails over much of the unit. Kannah Creek is the only true BP hunt in this unit and it gets hit pretty hard.

OP
T
The fires have not impacted 41, I live in it. There are very few areas for a true backpack hunt since there are roads and trails over much of the unit. Kannah Creek is the only true BP hunt in this unit and it gets hit pretty hard.

Thank you. Its our first time backpacking. I was trying to find somewhere that wouldn’t be over our heads. Kannah Creek and white water Creek where areas of interest. Looks liketgectrails are non motorized, I was hoping that would help keep some pressure off those areas. I have a bear tag as well and would be happy taking either or. I live in Michigan so hunting pressure is super high here.

It’s difficult picking a spot in a place you’ve never been. I’ve been on Gohunt,onX and google so much I have a little bit of paralysis by analysis.

Phaseolus

WKR
A mountain bike trail, “The Palisade Plunge” is being built through Whitewater Basin. They have been using mini excavators and there have been quite a few people working in there. It’s a fairly small basin and I suspect this will have had some impact on elk in there.

Last edited:

Deano0686

Lil-Rokslider
How’d you do in 41? I’ve been thinking of grabbing the third season otc tag and hunting the northern end, but also kinda deer scouting at the same time