Colorado Unit 55 Mule Deer Population

Squatch89

FNG
Would not be my choice in the basin.. There is a local working group - on the health of the deer herds and most have reported there is a total missing age class of bucks from the 16-17’ winter… This is worse in the units that got the most snow 55-551 and less in the rest of the units 53,54, 66,67.

Good news is that hunters say there are a lot of young bucks but w the late seasons they are getting pounded so time will tell how many forkies get to grow up and how many get a ride back to town….

Sad to watch the destruction of Colorado’s deer happen so quickly as even 3 years ago any unit listed produced a fun hunt. Now that is not the case.
So I'm also looking at those same units - 55. Last year was warm and from what I'm told the slaughter didn't happen like we thought it would. This should have benefitted 55-54, etc... and guys seemed to have had a better year in 2020 due to conditions. I would think the basin and 55 should be in decent shape going into 22'. Did I hear wrong? The local bio won't say crap so it's really hard to figure out what's going on w/o feet on the ground..