Colorado unit 6 moose

Kanderson

FNG
I am new to this forum so I understand that I have some catching up to do. I drew a cow moose tag in Colorado in unit 6 for the early rifle season. I've hunted Colorado numerous times over the years for different animals but never moose and also never in unit 6. I'm planning on coming out to scout this summer a couple times. I know people don't like to tell about their spots that they hunt, but I was hoping for some tips and maybe just a general location in the unit to start my research and to narrow down an area to scout. Thanks

Teaspoon

FNG
A lot of moose in 6. I don't think you'll have any problem finding a cow. Congrats on the tag.

jaweav12

FNG
I’ve hunted 6 for Elk the past couple years. And have seen Moose both years. Shouldn’t be a problem. If you want specific spots send me a PM and I’ll let you know where I have seen them in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northpark

WKR
Like above. Lots of moose in 6. Just cruise around any roads near willow bottoms and you’ll find one.

sndmn11

WKR
You can use the antler measurements links on the hunt statistics page.

Info goes back a decade or so.
1622048442455.png

OP
K

Kanderson

FNG
S
You can use the antler measurements links on the hunt statistics page.

Info goes back a decade or so.
View attachment 294317
Thanks

OP
K

Kanderson

FNG
It went really well, killed a cow on the first morning. Then spent the rest of the day packing her off of the mountain. Had a bull circling us the entire time we were field dressing.