Colorado 61

positivepete!

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any info on unit 61 in Colorado? This will be my first time specifically trying to hunt bears and my first time in this unit. I do not live near the unit and the 5 hour one way drive time is going to limit scouting. If anyone has any good spots such as water holes or good glassing spots I would appreciate the help. Any help or advice is appreciated! I am planning on making camp and then riding my bike around to glassing/ shooting spots. If I don't see anything in a day or two move camp and repeat. I am hopeful to maybe run into some elk hunters who could tell me the location of a kill and maybe sit that for day. Thanks in advance!

Fitzwho

WKR
Check out CPW’s website, specifically the page about hunting fall bears. It’s very informative. In September finding what they are eating is the most important thing. They are trying to pack on calories for the winter. There’s more calories in acorns and berries than what’s usually left of an elk after being quartered up. Not that they will turn it down if they find it first. If it’s still hot (very likely in September) water will be a a close second to food.

I’ll be a couple units over chasing bears in late September as well.