Colorado Unit 66 3rd Season Mule Deer Hunt

Just found out I successfully drew a 3rd season Mule Deer tag for unit 66. I am a Colorado resident and am primarily a front range archery hunter, but have little experience in 66. Super excited to have drawn this tag and would appreciate any insight into the Area and season. Hoping to do this as a DIY hunt, but open to using an outfitter if folks think that is the best way to go considering I burned 13pts on the tag. Not looking for anyone's honey holes, just maybe an overview and getting me pointed in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any help and info.

I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but they make memes out of posts like yours.

I'm not sure you'll get a lot of help - especially not on the open forum - because folks here are exhausted at new members joining and immediately asking for help in a specific unit.

Your "not looking for anyone's honey holes" is literally word for word from 100's of posts from 1st time members here and honestly, it makes some of the veteran member's heads explode.

I'd help you if I could (I know nothing about 66), but just be prepared for a cool reception and try not to take it personally.

Rhatter

FNG
Just found out I successfully drew a 3rd season Mule Deer tag for unit 66. I am a Colorado resident and am primarily a front range archery hunter, but have little experience in 66. Super excited to have drawn this tag and would appreciate any insight into the Area and season. Hoping to do this as a DIY hunt, but open to using an outfitter if folks think that is the best way to go considering I burned 13pts on the tag. Not looking for anyone's honey holes, just maybe an overview and getting me pointed in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any help and info.
Nice. I drew a 3rd season bull tag for that unit. Super stoked

Jd259

WKR
Happy to help I hunted it last year there’s no honey holes in that unit and apparently most people that are commenting don’t know it’s basically a once in a lifetime tag you have in your pocket and there’s plenty of people on here who will help you out shoot me a pm and I’ll share what I know.

tracker12

WKR
I had to run that tag in 3 years ago due to an injury. Loosing that point has now put me behind:(. How was the Elk hunt.