Colorado Unit 76 Elk

Archery1

FNG
I'm new to this site as a registered user but have followed it for some time. I've hunted CO for years and finally used a bunch of NR points to draw a Unit 76 archery bull tag. 50 YO in good shape with 2 similar hunting partners. Neither have tags for 76 but are good friends committed to helping me get a bull and, if successful, we'll move on to another unit that they grabbed some leftovers in. Hunted backcountry bivy (ranged about 8 miles deep at the farthest in some pretty challenging country last year in OTC archery at around 10,500. Generally 3 -4 day swings before restocking to keep it as light as possible) -awesome hunt with a few "dang close - but no shot" deals. Not looking to shoot the moon in 76 - what we are looking for is good experience, with a high likelihood of being able to work average, somewhat unpressured bulls. We are pretty decent callers and can handle ourselves in the woods. Hunt is roughly 9/12 – 9 /25. All my e-scouting points to treeline. However, if possible, we want to avoid hiking back and getting into drop camps (for both our benefit). I have some basins and access points in mind. If anyone wants to share via PM, I would be greatly appreciative. Not looking to encroach, but since it is, for a NR, pretty much a once in a lifeltime draw, I'm hoping that someone will be willing to share - even if is places to avoid. Thanks!

Daniel0307

Lil-Rokslider
How many points did it take to draw that ? I hope someone helps ya , I’m from OK been hunting CO OTC for 15 years saving points.. I have 12saved for both elk and deer