Colorado winter kill South Gunny Basin??

So has anyone heard how the deer are holding up in in the southern part of the Gunny Basin? I've been itching to pull a tag and holding off since the hard winter of 2016/17. This whole winter seems as if the US has had a long super cold stretch.

Thomas11

WKR
If u don’t mind me asking, what hunt are you trying to draw and how many pts u have? I’m trying to get a feel for point creep. I’m applying also for one and I’ll share my thoughts. U can PM me if you’d like

Bambistew

WKR
If u don’t mind me asking, what hunt are you trying to draw and how many pts u have? I’m trying to get a feel for point creep. I’m applying also for one and I’ll share my thoughts. U can PM me if you’d like
I'm betting point creep will be 2-3 points in most units. Latest seasons in a very long time/ever, people sitting on piles of points, many will jump in knowing they have 2-3 extra and may end up not drawing.

Best of luck in the draw, it will be a wild one for sure.

I’ve got a few points and was looking into that area also. Something to keep in mind though is a few of the previous winters. This is a quote from CPW.

"Low fawn survival in the harsh winter of 2017, and the three winters prior (for unknown reasons) caused delays in this herd’s growth." That doesn't help if you are looking for older age class deer. I'm on the fence because of that myself.