Colorado Wolf Reintroduction...

From a newbie living in MI. Over the last twenty years, wolves have been "reintroduced" in northern MI, specifically the Porkies... Local residents have had many instances where dogs have been grabbed. Hikers being harassed, frightened, etc. My hunt club has been hunting there for years, deer pop way down, critter count way down. Maybe that's their goal?

OP
J

jmcd22

WKR
From a newbie living in MI. Over the last twenty years, wolves have been "reintroduced" in northern MI, specifically the Porkies... Local residents have had many instances where dogs have been grabbed. Hikers being harassed, frightened, etc. My hunt club has been hunting there for years, deer pop way down, critter count way down. Maybe that's their goal?

MY OPINION is this...

A lot of the sheep (uninformed voters) think that the reintroduction of wolves is needed for a healthy habitat. They most likely do not research, know about, or care that the wrong wolf was introduced and is going largely unmanaged. They do not live where the wolves do so they do not see the destruction. They have also been conditioned to think that wolves are no different than their household pet, much like the grizzly being soft and cuddly. I am sure you are familiar, but the grizzly hunting ban in BC was only voted on in Vancouver...not where people are in contact with them daily. This tactic is being used here as well.

That brings me to the people that forced this so called "reintroduction" and continue to support it today. I do not know if this was started as a way to reduce hunting but in today's world I definitely think they are using this to reduce and eventually eliminate hunting. If they get their way, there would be no predator hunting whatsoever. Look at Oregon's ban of using dogs to cat hunt, California's ban and monitoring of mountain lion hunting, the 9th Circuit Courts telling states what they can and cannot do as far as grizzly bear and wolf management, wolf introduction into Colorado, Great Lakes region...the list goes on. More predators = less game = less hunters = easier time with restrictions/banning.

My point is, the people pushing this know they have the uninformed voting base and court system on their side and they are leveraging it. I 100% think that they know this and will continue to shut down predator hunting and force these "introductions" until they get what they want. Again, this is just my opinion.

Tejasbow

FNG
BHA has become Backcountry Hikers and adventurers. Their refusal to speak up about many issues that are important to hunters is very telling. From Public land trapping under attack to Wolf reintroduction. I find sportsmans alliance to be much more on par with what I hold dear.