Colorado wolves now killing sheep

intunegp

WKR
Anyone seen this?

Hunters kill "at least four" of Colorado's wolves by luring them across state lines

Other media outlets have made it more polarizing:

Border killings: How shooters lured historic Colorado wolves to their deaths in Wyoming

The comments on these articles are half way between sad and hilarious. Lots of talk about "murdering innocent animals" and restoring decimated ecosystems from people who clearly don't have to live with the consequences of their votes. Nobody wants to restore the ecosystem that was decimated to create Boulder or Ft. Collins, just the ones that are out of sight and out of mind to them.

Wolves is gonna wolf.

<beware of rant>

on a slightly less cynical note, I think a lot of ”animal lovers” have limits to their love. Setting aside their meat consumption habits, rennet for their cheese, wearing leather in their Birkenstocks, etc. many draw the line when an animal eats something they care about.

I lived outside of NYC in a nice suburb and a wealthy friends wife was dead set against my deer hunting until they mauled her $85k worth of landscaping one winter. She actually asked me to shoot hem in her yard with my bow. in the same community, people were all excited to see “majestic” coyotes return until a few dogs and cats started to go missing. One a pair of yotes tried to snatch an unsupervised toddler in a backyard, the guns came out, literally. They started shooting and trapping yotes most Ricky tic. NJ peeps were all up in arms about bear hunting. when a celebrity black bear named pedals got his ticket punched the gov did away with bear hunting. A poor college kid got killed and bears started tearing up property so they now have wild life dept and 3rd parties starting to trap and cull bears. Now they want the hunters back To thin the numbers out.

These people want some Disney version of critters that behave politely and occasionally break out into a group musical number. They change their tune when these animals start doing what millions of years of evolution designed them to do right in the middle of their happy little fantasy.

<end of rant>

Hnthrdr

WKR
Anyone seen this?

Hunters kill "at least four" of Colorado's wolves by luring them across state lines

Border killings: How shooters lured historic Colorado wolves to their deaths in Wyoming

The comments on these articles are half way between sad and hilarious. Lots of talk about "murdering innocent animals" and restoring decimated ecosystems from people who clearly don't have to live with the consequences of their votes. Nobody wants to restore the ecosystem that was decimated to create Boulder or Ft. Collins, just the ones that are out of sight and out of mind to them.
Those articles are like listening to a crazy person talk… “murdered” oh please, what was the wolf looking to do heading towards a pronghorn distress call, I think he was going to be murdering some pronghorn

Wrench

WKR
Grab some popcorn. Colorado has so many elk that you will have enough carrying capacity to support the largest wolf population in the US. This is typical. Reduce hunting opportunities and then replace it with wolves. You get population control and lest envrionazis complaining about hunters.

You guys better get vocal soon.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Grab some popcorn. Colorado has so many elk that you will have enough carrying capacity to support the largest wolf population in the US. This is typical. Reduce hunting opportunities and then replace it with wolves. You get population control and lest envrionazis complaining about hunters.

You guys better get vocal soon.
Yep long game for more control of how people can and cannot get food. Has nothing to do with wolves, everything to do with control. Once the unlimited pack gets established all over the state there will be no need for human hunters, then they will say no need for firearms or bows. They will accelerate it if they can outlaw cat hunting next year. We are in a sorry state. The animal activists have a massive foothold in my home state. Hopefully we can put up a fight…

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone seen this?

The irony of Front Rangers claiming wolves will "restore" the ecosystem to some utopian original state.

The entire Front Range exists because they divert water from the West to East Divide. There is nothing natural about it at all. If we restore it to the natural state, the Front Range would disappear. At that point, we welcome all on Rokslide to come join us on the best slope...

Rivers flowing at 10% of original flows, dams, reservoirs, diversion tunnels etc.

Last edited: