Colorado Wolves

I consider myself as an outdoors-man and i enjoy hunting also the preservation of the wild. this is a cool gig to me. not that you'd understand.
Thanks for the clarification! Before that post I had no idea what your stance on Colorado Wolf Reintroduction was. Thank you for your contribution to the topic. Now I understand.

We seem to have some wolf reintroduction fans here. Of course, they don't live where the wolves would be reintroduced.

The difference between wolves in WY/MT/ID versus CO is that the city folks in CO will never allow wolf hunting, unlike WY/MT/ID.

Okhotnik

WKR
I consider myself as an outdoors-man and i enjoy hunting also the preservation of the wild. this is a cool gig to me. not that you'd understand.

As a seasoned outdoors man residing in Indiana plus educate all of the dumb rednecks on here about all your first hand experience living and hunting with unmanaged wolf packs.

The anti hunting environmental activists found their useful idiots supporters on hunting forums

Lol

Last edited:
And that’s just the thing with wolf reintroduction, we have tons of folks and money flowing in from outside Colorado trying to influence the decision. It’s all about money and the activism industry, not a conservative, science-based approach to this issue.

Mike7

WKR
Colorado will look just like NE Washington.

Within just years with the onset of uncontrolled wolf populations in NE Washington, along with the ever growing human population on moose winter range, good luck finding a moose, even in moose recovery areas.

But be prepared, the moose decline in Colorado will be blamed on increased parasites due to climate change, as it is in Washington. It doesn't matter that climate change is a slow process and that moose were covered with ticks prior to wolf reintroduction but still had burgeoning populations.

Just take our word for it, everything is due to climate change, so there isn't really any reason to consider wolf management.

So many scientist today are just gonadless talking pieces who are chasing money that they might as well just call themselves politicians.

Htm84

WKR
I’m pretty sure I remember reading something awhile back about the Yellowstone reintroduction. The idea was if they came in on there own the carried full esa protection but if they reintroduced them they didn’t. Or something like that. I like wolves but I’m not a fan of reintroduction. Like it or not they’re gonna be in Colorado one way or the other. They’ve already had some confirmed sightings from what I remember.

Okhotnik

WKR
Colorado will look just like NE Washington.

Within just years with the onset of uncontrolled wolf populations in NE Washington, along with the ever growing human population on moose winter range, good luck finding a moose, even in moose recovery areas.

But be prepared, the moose decline in Colorado will be blamed on increased parasites due to climate change, as it is in Washington. It doesn't matter that climate change is a slow process and that moose were covered with ticks prior to wolf reintroduction but still had burgeoning populations.

Just take our word for it, everything is due to climate change, so there isn't really any reason to consider wolf management.

So many scientist today are just gonadless talking pieces who are chasing money that they might as well just call themselves politicians.

And the endangered mountain caribou herd that was wiped out by wolves

Beendare

WKR
Yep, we know from experience we will see all kinds of BS excuses why we need Wolves....

Only one thing they do well- eat ungulates. The idiocy of this policy with a high cost to society is ridiculous when ungulates can be utilized to feed families AND generate $$ for wildlife agencies.

The folks in gov agencies pushing this stupidity should be Fired-Duh. Especially now that we know Wolves are a lose/ lose proposition.