Colorado

ltlacorn

FNG
Looking for some recommendations. I have 5 points for Colorado Elk. Either looking for a unit to go with muzzleloader or archery. I know most units are OTC for archery. I was looking at units 4,5,441. Last year for archery it took 4-5 points. I am not familiar with those units. Ive hunted GMU 15 since the mid 80s on and off. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

BigHink66

FNG
The guy hunting with a muzzleloader that I talked to used 11 points. I don’t know if he was just burning them, but I thought you needed 7-8 for muzz.

BigHink66

FNG
We were in elk, but none died.

Your not going to draw in Colorado and avoid hunters with 5 points. In my limited experience you can find as good of hunting in an otc unit for archery. I think your as well off in all units as in 5 if your looking to avoid hunters.

Unit 12 takes 2 points as well.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I assume you’re non-resident? I’d look for the unit you can draw with the most points. A ml tag won’t get you much with NR 5 points.

OP
ltlacorn

ltlacorn

FNG
I drew area 54 for muzzleloader for this fall. Hoping to get out there in August to do some pre-scouting. If not I’m spending some time with maps