Columbia Omni Heat base layers!

bobhunts

WKR
My opinion of this set is do not waste your money! They are only so so in the heat retention under rain type of gear that I wear at work. Only wore these that way to compare them to other brands like UA. They actually feel cold when the wind hits your outer layer and even worse in the open wind. I am trying out stuff like this and I am glad I got these for cheap as they are that! IMO. My old stuff works better. Bob.

I really liked it for still hunting I wore this then a loose merino and the kuiu guide jacket. I dried out very fast when moving. I use these for still hunting and not multiday hiking/hunting trips.

Last edited:

2ski

WKR
Never really trusted anything by Columbia. IMO its a good company for some entry level sporting, i.e. I wore Columbia when I first started out skiing. Its kind of why I'm a little leary to try anything from Mtn. Hardwear since Columbia owns it.

TheRambler

Lil-Rokslider
I think their omni-heat line is gimmicky and crap. I tried several and returned them. I do really like their l/s hiking/outdoor shirts though.

hockey7

FNG
New here... got a reversible Omni-therm jacket on sale from Cabelas for around $45. It's green plaid on one side, and a green nylon on the other. I live in Canada and have worn it in temps down in the 20's. I have to say it is a complete surprise. Was going to use it for stumping, around town, 3-D shooting. I can't feel any wind passing through, and it's warm. I traditional bowhunt, so when temps aren't too cold, I'll use it with the plaid side out. The nylon side is slippery so it slides over any base layers I have on with ease. I'll use it as an insulation layer when sits are long and cold. Overall, for the money I spent, I'm impressed, especially since it came from Columbia.