Combo Muley/Pronghorn Hunt Suggestions

Bhinson

FNG
Looking for suggestions. Myself and a group of friends do a “guys trip” every year in September or October and we’re interested in a combo mule deer/pronghorn for next year. There will likely be 7 or 8 hunters and 1 to 2 additional friends who will be non-hunting guests (due to age, but may be interested if there is a hunt that doesn’t require intense mobility). Our group is spread out over California, Texas, Georgia and Florida and we have all hunted whitetail together on one of the guys ranches in Texas for the past 7 or 8 years. Over the past few years our trips have been fishing trips in Alaska, Costa Rica and just last week in Ennis, Montana. We want to change it up a bit and do a hunting trip next year.

Looking for an outfitter with nice accommodations, including meals (no hotels or bunkhouses) with access to good land and quality animals. Also need a location with a great chance that everyone draws tags or has access to landowner tags.

Fire away with any suggestions or tell me it’s not likely or impossible.

Wapiti1

WKR
What is your budget? Guided or DIY tresspass hunt?

There are options in SD, WY, CO, MT, and TX. Nebraska could work too if you archery hunt.

Jeremy

Last edited:
OP
B

Bhinson

FNG
I would say our annual trip usually runs $5-$6k per person plus travel to and from. With 8 hunters and 2 guests, for a top notch trip, I think we’d be good with something in the neighborhood of $7k per, plus our travel to and from. Looking for the right fit regardless of state. Thanks

Wapiti1

WKR
Best option is WY. Seven J, Table Mountain, and SNS would be worth calling. All run good outfits in areas where you should draw tags without needing points.

Jeremy

Wellsdw

WKR
Triple three outfitters in Wyoming. Good values, great people, plenty of goats and deer!
Good tag odds if you buy a deer point before end of the month. 100% draw on goats or very close to it

KHNC

WKR
Also, Add Nelson Outfitters in Wyoming as well. They use a motel ,but its a suite with separate bedrooms, living room and kitchen areas. However, its possible they are booked full for next year. Ask for Dave Nelson 307 751 2262. Tell him Kenny Hollingsworth referred. May help for a larger group on pricing. Easily in your budget and his prices all include tags and they do the draw for you.

Wapiti1

WKR
Triple three outfitters in Wyoming. Good values, great people, plenty of goats and deer!
Good tag odds if you buy a deer point before end of the month. 100% draw on goats or very close to it

Good suggestion on the points. Buy a point for deer now. Money well spent so you all draw.

Make the phone calls before the end of the month so you know if you need to get a point for speed goat or not.

Jeremy