Come one, come all...VA Shoot...Back for 2021!!

Hey Rokslide!

Sherwood Traditional Archery Rendezvous 2021 a.k.a. the S.T.A.R Shoot in Roanoke, VA
Including a PBS Odd Year Gathering during the event.

Here is your invitation to come and shoot with us the first weekend in June 2021. Get a little exercise, have a bunch of fun, shoot some arrows, swap some gear, make some new friends. There are usually a Slider or two, a gang of PBS members, and folks from 4 or 5 states. A pretty realistic 3D course through the hills, a Tough Man money shoot, field course and fun range . More info, directions and some lodging ideas at the link above. Easy access a few minutes off I-81 at Roanoke.

I hope to see you there!

Last edited:
OP
A
Looks like decent weather forecast for the weekend. Target courses are coming together. Some campers will be setting up Friday evening. Should be a good turn out Saturday and Sunday.

Hope to see you there!

OP
A
A good time was had by all. The weather was great except for a T-storm Friday evening/night. Saturday and Sunday saw a lot of folks enjoying the 3D course through the hardwood hills with attendees from VA, NC, WV, NJ, MD, and even Indiana.

I don't know if any Rokslide people were there as I was busy all weekend on the Toughman course and didn't get to interact much with the entire crowd. If you missed it I would encourage you to put it on your calendar for next year. Probably the first weekend of June.

OP
A
A couple shots from the Toughman competition.....

If you could make it through the log then you had a good chance at the ten ring.

IMG_20190601_152409872~2.jpg

OP
A
....and if you could put the rocks out of your mind and focus on the fish you could score well here too....

IMG_20190601_132947564.jpg

DWinVA

WKR
This is a great shoot. Unfortunately my wife had me on yard sale duty last weekend so I missed it this year. Sometimes a guy just has to pay his “hunting dues”😁.

God Bless.

OP
A
Kevin....I resemble that remark. Ha!
Besides, that’s the Toughman competition course. One arrow allowed, ten challenging shots. $5 per round and the high score for the weekend takes half the pot. Yes, that’s right, people pay to shoot those shots - and usually have a blast. They are all very makeable shots but they can psych you out and stringing ten together makes for a good time.
Come on and give it a go next year.

OP
A
I was wondering where you were DW. Missed your shooting skills. But I understand you paying attention to responsibilities at home.
Dalton came up with a few Tarheels but I didn’t even really get to say hello to him. They were afraid of the Toughman and went home early.

OP
A
Yes Sir!

June 6&7, 2020. Come on down.

The Sherwood Archers website is currently down and migrating to a new provider. Hopefully within the next two weeks I can update this thread with a new link.

Beendare

WKR
I love shoots like this.

The Maya shoot in Central CA is a great one after hunting season.....but they toned theirs down this year. They still have the 1/4" steel plate animal with a cutout of foam in the kill zone....but they dumped their layup golf shot on an elephant [about 200 yds] ...and their shooting through a wrought iron fence.

They used to have one target where you shot from a canoe as you floated down the creek...but not enough water now.

OP
A
Sherwood Archers is sorry to say that the S.T.A.R. shoot is CANCELLED FOR JUNE 2020.
Like almost every other group activity this spring and early summer the Sherwood Traditional Archery Rendezvous has succumbed to the pandemic tumult. We hope to come back strong next summer and wish everyone a healthy and safe year. Thank you for your support!