Comfort Sheep Hunting Items

I do this also, but I wrap my pee bottle with a bit of tape and my drink nalgene is bare so I can identify them when it’s dark and I’m groggy. Don’t ask me to how and why I began this practice.
Yep. Camped at Oshkosh one year with a buddy. Let's just say I now have a similar biom to his. I draw a giant skull and crossbones on pee bottles with a Sharpie now. Plus we use square Pedialyte bottles for pee bottles, so no mistaking in the dark.
:)

Last edited:

Snyd

WKR
Back to the Hilleberg Tarra.
DSCN0873.jpg

After battling snow, high winds, etc. in a tipi including building a rock wall, sitting inside hanging onto the thing so we didn't get blown away. We did end up having to get off the mtn. I'm ready to go back to a HD Tent.

P8100015.jpg

P8100012.jpg

LooknWalk

FNG
No worries. He was my wing man in the Navy, and since we tended to date the same women (sometimes at the same time) we had a lot of cross contamination in those crazy days. :cool:
That's awesome man! I have buddies that I share that same kind of relationship with! It's weird how it'd gross out 99% of the population but if you know you know and it's more humorous than anything!

Murtfree

Lil-Rokslider
This is exactly what I was thinking when folks keep mentioning sponges. I usually use dude wipes when camping but I can see that over a longer trip it could be a big weight savings. Get a silver impregnated one and it would be antimicrobial. I wonder if you could get a dry soap or something to mix in as well... Hmm multipurpose
Anyone ever try SoapCloth? They are soap impregnated dry wash cloths....just add an ounce of water. I saw these a while back and bought a pack for an upcoming sheep hunt. I saw many guys listed wet wipes on their packing list and figured with all the water around where I’m going why not try these to save weight since they weigh next to nothing.....and I understand when dry they make a great fire starter as well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 51

7layerburrito

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been packing, weighing and repacking for this coming August. I put a paperback into the mix, then weighed it at 1.5lbs. I’ll find another book or just sleep through the rain 😂

I have an ancient, gen 1 kindle and it weighs 7oz, is basically indestructible and the battery lasts for weeks. I load it up with dozens of books and it's always in my pack. Saved my sanity many times, not just when the weather is bad but on those days when your mental toughness is wavering I find that reading for an hour at the end of the day or taking a break in the middle of the day really reboots my mind for hunting.

Last edited:

madcalfe

WKR
i always take a small ziplock with butter and another zip lock of seasoning
then packets of ketchup

mountain Goat tenderloin cooked in butter on a flat piece of shale with ketchup and seasoning over it

i always take a small ziplock with butter and another zip lock of seasoning
then packets of ketchup

mountain Goat tenderloin cooked in butter on a flat piece of shale with ketchup and seasoning over it
This year I’m experimenting with Ghee it’s a clarified butter found in the international aisle, but totally shelf stable and lasts months.

Lightweight tarp to break the rain/wind while glassing, to keep the quarters clean while working on carcass, and to gather rain water for drinking.

Trekking poles with duct tape wrapped on one, electrical tape wrapped on the other.

FNG
I carry a candle lantern. Throws a small amount of heat and takes care of some of the condensation.