Comfortable boot to wear with Turtleskin snake gaiters?

tammons

FNG
What is a comfortable boot that provides some protection but also to use with Turtle skin snake gaiters?
I am thinking leather but not really sure.

Thanks

Billinsd

WKR
I wear Solomon 4d Gtx's the the turtle skins fit nice over them. I think any boot would be comfortable unt the turtle skins, unless the boots are super big and bulky, the the gators could be real tight.

I wear them daily for work with Ariat cascade workbooks and they are fantastic. For hunting in snake territory I wear them over schnees Beartooth II and they are alittle bulky but work.

Rokwiia

WKR
The only reason to wear Turtleskin gaiters is for snake protection. I have both the gaiters and the chaps. Neither provide any protection in the lower part of the foot. What to wear under the gaiters was the conundrum for me.

I decided that I was going to wear footwear that would hopefully repel a strike so a full leather boot was my choice. I alternate between a Schnee Absaroka and Timberline. I am fully confident a Timber Rattler (the venomous snake in my area) would not pierce through the Absaroka leather. I am reasonably confident it would not pierce the Timberline.

I find the Schnee boots to be very comfortable, the gaiters fit over them nicely, and often forget the gaiters are on. I would recommend that you run paracord from the eyelets on either side of the gaiters underneath the boots and tighten them to keep the gaiters from rising up. You want them as low as possible.

OP
T

tammons

FNG
The only reason to wear Turtleskin gaiters is for snake protection. I have both the gaiters and the chaps. Neither provide any protection in the lower part of the foot. What to wear under the gaiters was the conundrum for me.

I decided that I was going to wear footwear that would hopefully repel a strike so a full leather boot was my choice. I alternate between a Schnee Absaroka and Timberline. I am fully confident a Timber Rattler (the venomous snake in my area) would not pierce through the Absaroka leather. I am reasonably confident it would not pierce the Timberline.

I find the Schnee boots to be very comfortable, the gaiters fit over them nicely, and often forget the gaiters are on. I would recommend that you run paracord from the eyelets on either side of the gaiters underneath the boots and tighten them to keep the gaiters from rising up. You want them as low as possible.
Yes for snakes. And so the question about leather boots. Makes no sense to me to wear mesh boots with snake gaiters.