Comfortable EDC holster

grfox92

WKR
So I carry a pistol with me everyday no matter where I go.

My favorite place to carry is appendix, but I find myself removing my pistol every time I get in the car, and it's just generally uncomfortable to sit down with the pistol there.

The most comfortable place for me to carry is on the middle of my back but I often find when I'm in public that the gun winds up being exposed from my shirt jacket or hoodie riding up over the top of the pistol, leaving me feeling very vulnerable.

What holsters are you guys using to carry everyday I like having the gun on me from the time I leave the house until the time I get home. I've used IWB kydex and those sticky holsters which do work great but doesn't make me feel 100% secure.

I just picked up a hellcat which is a very nice small gun for concealing but before I buy any more holsters I'm curious as to what you guys are using.

I like the idea of the Urban Carry that puts The pistol down below your waistline that seems like it would be good for all day comfort but I've heard the reviews are not that great.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

PNWGATOR

WKR
I’ve never found carrying a concealed pistol comfortable in all conditions. When it’s not, I just deal with it.

The most ‘comfortable’ option I found was an M&P 340 in a Mika Pocket Holster. Everything from board shorts and no shirt to Wranglers to dress pants or a coat/jacket pocket. Simple and comfortable.

The Raven Vanguard 2 for appendix carry is my choice. It’s simple and minimalist and does everything I need a holster to do.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using a Vedder OWB holster, it rides high and its very comfortable so you always have your pistol on you. Other benefits to OWB is its faster out of the holster and safer. I used to carry AIWB and I dont miss it.

Japes4

FNG
I had an Urban Carry holster that I used for a few months. I tried to like it, but was never really happy with it. I just never found the deploy method to be as fast and smooth as promo videos showed...always got snagged on something and took extra time to get pistol out. I am by no means an expert or knocking the product, just one man’s opinion.

I now carry a Springfield 911 in a Crossbreed holster (appendix) and have been pleased. I do find I have to hike my pants up a bit when sitting, but hasn’t been a big issue.

Crossbreed supertuck. After a week of carrying getting used to it and breaking it in you will forget its there. Carry a shield 9 daily for 5 years or so. Stays on me while driving, running a skid steer and tractors etc. I carry at 5 o'clock.

Red River with a Shield in appendix position. I have no problems sitting down with it.
Make sure your holster has a claw!

I am also constantly carrying, started with appendix because it was what everyone was doing but it had nothing but limitations for me. I went to an OWB kydex model by Bravo Concealment and now use their holsters for all of my pistols. Depending on the time of the year will determine which pistol is carried, but it is always in the same spot.

I carry small of back with with a Foxx holster if I am wearing a belt. If not, just a cheap uncle Mike’s soft holster small of back when in sweats or running shorts. I never have a problem, but like you said, you have to make sure that your shirt stays down in the back. More so with light t-shirts for me. I am carrying a 709 slim so it is fairly small.

Brianmp01

WKR
I have the crossbreed supertuck for my shield I very comfortable at the 5 o'clock position. I also have a jm4 tactical that it pretty comfortable, I wear that one in the appendix position but I am fat so not super comfortable on long rides but it very easy to take the holster out and put it in my console while driving. Wrightleathers makes a very nice one also.

280ack

FNG
GRFOX92,
Selecting a holster is usually based on individual needs and body dimensions. I have become accustomed (and effective) to carrying full sized revolvers and pistols and micro compacts in an OWB holsters at the 3 o'clock position. Kydex holsters are durable and maintenance free and certainly have a place. I use leather whenever possible and find the a hi-ride holster that puts the trigger guards on or above the belt to be the most comfortable and secure. You have the ability to cover the weapon with your elbow when in a "interview" body stance. A fit leather holster takes up less space on your belt - "generally" than plastic, read that low signature, lower profile. Cant go wrong with the Askins Avenger types from Milt Spark or Bulman Gunleather .

mlob1one

WKR
I carry both in the appendix and at 3 o'clock depending on which gun and what I'm doing throughout the day.
I'd recommend wearing any new holster for a minimum of three weeks to allow your body to acclimate before deciding if it works for you or not.

I used to carry in the small of the back, but in too many scenarios drawing from behind has more cons than pros.

When I don't carry appendix I carry at 3 o'clock using a dara holster, there's heaps out there, but it works well for me.

If I'm driving and carrying appendix, I'll tuck it in-between my seat and center console in my truck.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
I just ordered a Hellcat as well. I'm going to try out the HAWG holster for it and see how I like the feel. It provides a tuckable option which works well for me during the warmer months at my office job. The ulticlips look really interesting to me so I wanted to give them a shot and see how I like them. If things don't work out for me I'll be back on this thread looking at some of the other options posted. I tend to carry at about the 5 O'clock position most of the time but may experiment a bit more with Appendix carry position. Obviously I don't have any real world feedback on the holster yet but I'll try to remember to comment on here after I get some time with it. Still waiting for both the gun and holster to arrive as I just placed my orders once I finally found the Hellcat in stock.

I've got a couple of the concealment express and find them pretty comfy and a good price. Just did a trail run with one on and it's also easy to ride in the truck with at the 4ish o'clock positions.

Ramblr

FNG
Tenicor's Velo holster is the best appendix I have tried. I can comfortably wear it all day, even on a road trip in the truck.

For 3 o'clock to 5 o'clock carry, I really like the Black Arch Protos. The backer is really comfortable and I like that the kydex fully wraps the trigger guard for retention.

Gsquared

Lil-Rokslider
So I carry a pistol with me everyday no matter where I go.

My favorite place to carry is appendix, but I find myself removing my pistol every time I get in the car, and it's just generally uncomfortable to sit down with the pistol there.

The most comfortable place for me to carry is on the middle of my back but I often find when I'm in public that the gun winds up being exposed from my shirt jacket or hoodie riding up over the top of the pistol, leaving me feeling very vulnerable.

What holsters are you guys using to carry everyday I like having the gun on me from the time I leave the house until the time I get home. I've used IWB kydex and those sticky holsters which do work great but doesn't make me feel 100% secure.

I just picked up a hellcat which is a very nice small gun for concealing but before I buy any more holsters I'm curious as to what you guys are using.

I like the idea of the Urban Carry that puts The pistol down below your waistline that seems like it would be good for all day comfort but I've heard the reviews are not that great.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Tried several. N8 is the best I’ve found by far. Veteran owned and made in USA.

Graves14

WKR
I’d take a look at your belt as well. I picked up a Kore Essentials belt and the ability to quickly and silently loosen it a bit when I’m going to be sitting down for a while (driving) makes it much more comfortable. You can easily re-tension the belt when you get out right through your shirt or jacket.

has made all the difference for AIWB carry

Dennis

WKR
Like many I have tried many different holsters in lots of different positions. I have settled on appendix carry in about the 1 o'clock position. So far the best holster I have come up with is TXC Model X1 with a Sig 365 and 365 XL. Easy to put on and take off. Comfortable when sitting, driving, and always with me which was what I was looking for. Good luck!

Ramblr

FNG
I’d take a look at your belt as well. I picked up a Kore Essentials belt and the ability to quickly and silently loosen it a bit when I’m going to be sitting down for a while (driving) makes it much more comfortable. You can easily re-tension the belt when you get out right through your shirt or jacket.

has made all the difference for AIWB carry
👆 This too. Nexbelt is another to look at for quick adjust when sitting.