Comfortable pants for dudes with tree trunk legs

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have good suggestions for a line of pants that will comfortably fit a guy with big / thick thighs and behind?

I'm living on the outskirts of Houston at the moment, so most of the outdoor related stores are not geared toward western hunting / mountain hiking so my ability to try on different brands is limited. Currently I wear a Duluth "firehose material" brand that was discontinued, they are comfortable but I bit bulky for my liking for extended hikes and get a bit hot in the early season.

I've been to my local REI and tried every brand they had in stock and all of them where still just to tight in the thigh, anything I would put in the pocket like my phone, wallet ect... would buldge out and was not comfortable.

Ive tried Black Ovis house brand pants but same results, and would really like to avoid having to go through the hassle of ordering and then returning multiple items.

Appreciate if anyone has first hand experience with pants like UA Ridge Reaper / KUIU Attack / FL Guide ect...?

MTJake

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 32" waist and have to get hunting pants that are 34-35" because my thighs and butt are too big. For bow season I run a pair of sitka traverse pants that work well. They are not super roomy, but definitely big enough. They are quiet and have proven durable so far. I have only had them for one season so far.

For regular season gun hunts and for spring turkey, I have a pair of badlands - I think they are the ion pants. They are really roomy in the legs, quiet enough for what I need, and durable. I also wear marmot rogue pants, but they are discontinued and I am not sure what I am going to do when my two pairs wear out.

For late season, I run Sitka Timberlines - they are snugger than I like - not skin tight, but not much extra room. I don't think you can beat the knee pads and the feel.

I have had to order different items and send them back.

ChemE

FNG
5.11 Stryke pants. Most comfortable pants ever. Pricey but well worth it.

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
I found these by accident on Amazon. When they arrived I took them out of the packaging and hated them - until I tried them on. They are exceptionally lightweight, and stretch in all the right places. I immediately ordered two more pairs.

colby12

WKR
Similar issue- Sitka seemed to be alright when I had those, both the ascent and the mountain. First Lite I had to go up 1 size to have comfort in the Corrugate Foundry, the Obsidian Foundry was true to size. All four of those pants have been for me. One other unlikely type is the underarmour everyday day wear pants. I’ve wore those a few times and like them. I also have found that spending the money on decent underwear to prevent chaffing is a must.

ChemE

FNG
There is a 5.11 store near me, will check it out.
Super comfy and reinforced in all the right places. They are all good but I find the Stryke pants the highest quality and best wearing.

JMasson

Lil-Rokslider
I believe that everyday is leg day. That being said, I have found the FL corrugate guide pants are perfect for me. They are stretchy and I didnt have to go a size up in the waist to get them to fit my thighs.

Felix40

WKR
Definitely not kuiu. I have to buy them up a size and take in the waist.

5.11 stryke pants do fit right but they are built heavier than what I want to be hiking in.

Prana zions used to fit right but they changed the cut.

I’m hoping someone has some good suggestions here.

sasquatch

WKR
It’s not just big legged people. The whole damn clothing industry is caving to the masses of skinny pant wearing fruits.

Everything made now is for a guy who don’t want to pull his pants all the way up and wants his bird legs strangled like they in yoga pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My eddie bauer guidepro work pants and lined pants are not too bad. I order my normal waist and have slight stretch in my quads.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
guylaga

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
It’s not just big legged people. The whole damn clothing industry is caving to the masses of skinny pant wearing fruits.

Everything made now is for a guy who don’t want to pull his pants all the way up and wants his bird legs strangled like they in yoga pants.

Thats my problem, every time I try on a pair of pants now its like it was designed for a twenty something college girl that only wears skin tight leggings.

Not that there is anything wrong with college girls that only wears skin tight leggings.

gbflyer

WKR

Some of us could live under a squat rack and still have skinny legs. Genetics can be that way sometimes.

WMag338

WKR
I have been more than impressed with Duluth Trading post dry-on-the-fly cargo pants. Come in drab type colors, super stretchy, dry quickly, durable, cool in summer. Fit perfectly for non-skinny jeans type fellas.

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
I too share the same problem of bigger thighs and backend. As some have stated above, the FL corrugate guide pants are my go to hunting pants. I wear them during Turkey season and from early early through the late season. I didn’t have to size up and I can comfortably wear FL furnace pants underneath during the late season.

I wear the 5.11 stryke for work and they are really comfortable but I wouldn’t want to wear them in the field as they’re too heavy.

I’ve been wearing the Prana brion’s as everyday wear/hiking/scouting for a few months and really like them so far. Initially tighter in the thighs and backend but with the stretch they’re ok.

sasquatch

WKR
Some of us could live under a squat rack and still have skinny legs. Genetics can be that way sometimes.

That’s what I’m saying, My legs are tiny, and non yoga pants are still hard to find.

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
I've found krypteks pants and clothing in general to fit exceptionally well for us larger humans. I have a 38" waist normally have to buy a 40-42 pant to fit my thighs and butt.. sadly I have thighs that are size 30 pants.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

saltfork

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for FL corrugate guides. Most comfortable pants I own. I've got big thighs and calves and a butt, and I could wear those pants every day

I believe that everyday is leg day. That being said, I have found the FL corrugate guide pants are perfect for me. They are stretchy and I didnt have to go a size up in the waist to get them to fit my thighs.
That was my experience as well, first lite corrugate guides fit perfectly thighs and waist. I really wanted to like the kuiu attacks but the thighs were tight so I sized up and now the waist is loose. I’ve been wearing them anyway because I do like the hip vents, but won’t buy them again. I haven’t tried the new firstlite pants with the hip vents because the old ones won’t wear out, but hopefully they kept the same fit if I ever do get a pair.